Telegraph and Code Systems
For this specific project, in groups of two, we had to develop a telegraph system that could send a message that can be decoded by the receiver.
Additionally, the code cannot be Morse code. My partner and I decided to come up with a code that prioritizes the most used letters wtihin the alphabet. The code would also only use short dits as those were easier to distinguish than using both short dits and long dahs. We named this "Tea Code".
Using a matrix as a matrix, we assigned values 1-5 to each column and row. One character was eliminated, which was "W". The "W" would be replaced with two "U"s.
Later on, using Arduino, we built a physical prototype that could transmit a message using a telegraph key. The receiver would see a black box with a digital display that shows the message.
Prototyping | Arduino | Systems Design | Visual Design